Alpine Edge, LLC Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions
Please read the entire Vacation Rental Agreement carefully before your arrival. Any monies received by Alpine Edge, LLC (herein referred to as “Manager”) from all tenants (collectively, “Tenant”) for occupancy of the property rented (herein referred to as “Premises”) indicate the acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of our Vacation Rental Agreement in full. All policies are strictly enforced. It is the singular responsibility of all guests and members of their party to be familiar with all policies pertaining to rental.
1. RESERVATION: The Tenant’s confirmed Term reservation contains the identity of the Tenant renting the Premises, along with the number and identity of total Tenants; the term of the rental period (herein referred to as “Term”); and the amounts for the rental rate, taxes, cleaning charges, and additional fees.
2. ACCEPTANCE: Tenant agrees that payment of any amount to Manager will signify their full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. OCCUPANTS: The Premises will be occupied by only the number of adults and children designated in the Tenant’s confirmed reservation. Occupancy of the Premises by any additional persons or any pets without prior written consent of the Manager is a breach of this agreement, and as a result all occupants may have to vacate the Premises without any refund. Also, Tenant’s chosen damage protection option (See Section 6) may be forfeited at the sole discretion of the Manager.
4. RENTAL AND CHARGES PAYMENTS: Upon reserving the Premises, Tenant shall pay to Manager an amount equal to 50% of the total rent, taxes, and cleaning charges. No later than 30 days before the commencement of the Term, Tenant shall pay the balance of the total rent, taxes, cleaning charges, and additional fees. All payments for rent, taxes, and cleaning charges are non-refundable, except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions.
5. UNAVAILABILITY OF PREMISES: In the event that the Premises become unavailable for any reason beyond the control of Manager, Manager shall attempt to secure comparable accommodations for Tenant. The determination of what constitutes a comparable accommodation shall be within the Manager’s sole and absolute discretion. In the event the Manager is unable to secure comparable accommodations, Manager shall refund all payments to Tenant, and the agreement between Manager and Tenant will thereupon be deemed terminated. In the event of a termination under this paragraph, Manager shall only be liable for the return of payments received from the Tenant in connection with the subject of confirmed reservation and the particular Premises.
6. DAMAGES: Tenant will be charged a non-refundable home protection fee that will be used for property upkeep. This is not a security deposit. Alpine Edge has the right to require a security deposit. Tenant is responsible for all replacements and repairs that are outside what is considered normal wear and tear and Tenant hereby authorizes Manager to charge the Tenant’s credit card to cover said costs. If cost of replacement or repairs exceeds the Tenant’s credit card limit, Tenant agrees to pay the difference to Manager promptly on demand.
7. UTILITIES & MAINTENANCE: Manager will diligently attempt to address maintenance issues as they occur and to ensure that utilities are provided to the residence. If a maintenance issue occurs that cannot be fixed within a reasonable amount of time, and significantly affects the Tenant’s stay, the Manager reserves the right, at its discretion, to refund the balance of the rent for the remaining days of the Term or relocate Tenant to another comparable property.
8. INTERNET: Wireless internet is provided on Premises, but Manager is not responsible for interruptions to such service.
9. USE: Tenant shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or interfere with neighbors, nor use the Premises for any unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance upon or about the Premises. Any lack of compliance to previous description is a breach of these Terms and Conditions, and as a result Tenant may be required to vacate Premises without any refund and may also result in forfeiture of Tenant’s chosen damage protection at the sole discretion of Manager. If Tenant leaves any personal property on the Premises, Manager will make reasonable efforts to return such property at Tenant’s cost. Manager is not responsible for noise or other disturbances that may adversely affect the Tenant’s peaceful enjoyment of the Premises.
10. HOT TUB, FIRE PIT & GRILL USAGE: Tenant hereby acknowledges that, if the Premises includes a hot tub, fire pit and/or grill, the Tenant uses at their own discretion. Tenant is fully aware that hot tubs, fire pits, grills, and surrounding patio/deck areas can be dangerous; that extended time in a hot tub can be hazardous to one’s health; that the deck/patio can be slippery when wet; and that injury is likely to occur to anyone who is not careful with hot tubs, fire pits, and grills. With full knowledge of the facts and warnings, Tenant accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of the hot tub, fire pit, grill, and deck/patio areas. Manager urges Tenant to report any maintenance issues for the hot tub, fire pit, grill or patio/deck as soon as noticed. Hot tubs are prone to temporary or prolonged maintenance issues beyond Manager’s control, but every reasonable effort will be made to get the hot tub working as quickly as soon as possible. No refunds will be given for power outages or mechanical failure of equipment.
A. HOT TUB: Manager sanitizes and replenishes chemicals in all hot tubs prior to Tenant arrival*. If additional maintenance is required during Tenant Term, or the next Tenants are unable to use the hot tub due to conditions resulting from Tenant failure to observe the following rules, Manager reserves the right to charge Tenant $55 fee, plus cost of supplies (if necessary), for each hour of required maintenance. Below are general rules for hot tub for Tenant:
1. ALWAYS SHOWER OR BATHE BEFORE AND AFTER USING THE HOT TUB! Body oil, makeup, hair products, etc. clog filters;
2. An adult at least 18 years of age must always accompany children under 18 years of age;
3. Observe the safety precautions posted at the hot tub and have all accompanying Tenants do likewise;
4. Do not sit, stand, or lie on the hot tub cover; Manager reserves the right to charge Tenant a $300 fee if the hot tub cover is damaged in any way;
5. Unhook the safety strap/buckle before removing the hot tub cover;
6. Replace hot tub cover and thermal blanket (where provided) when Tenant is not in the hot tub, and securely hook the safety strap/buckle to conserve heat and keep debris out of the hot tub water.
7. If temperature has been adjusted during use, ensure to return the temperature to the original setting when done. Failure to reset the temperature may cause the hot tub to overheat and stop working; Manager reserves the right to charge Tenant a $55 fee, plus cost of supplies (if necessary), for each hour of required maintenance.
8. No glass, or breakable drink containers are allowed in or near the hot tub area.
9. Do not add anything to the water, including, but not limited to bubble bath, oils, food coloring, dish soap, or any item, even if product says it is compatible with hot tubs. Manager is responsible for keeping hot tub of Property Owner in perfect condition and does not authorize the use of any hot tub products.
10. If the water level is low (below the filter intake), Manager urges Tenant to contact Manager immediately, as low water can destroy the pump. Manager reserves the right to charge Tenant cost of new pump if not reported immediately.
11. If the water looks cloudy or dirty, Manager urges Tenant to contact Manager immediately in order for Manager to make every reasonable effort to get the hot tub clean as quickly as possible for Tenant. If upon cleaning, Manager discovers water was cloudy or dirty due to Tenant abuse, Manager reserves the right to charge Tenant a $55 fee, plus cost of supplies (if necessary), for each hour of required maintenance.
*Hot tubs may be drained and refilled before Tenant arrival; therefore, may not be warm until later that evening.
11. PERSONAL PROPERTY DAMAGES, INCONVENIENCES, OR INTERRUPTIONS: Manager does not assume any liability for loss, damage, or injury to any Tenant or their personal property. Manager will not be liable for any inconveniences arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas electricity, or plumbing. Manager is not liable for any loss or damage caused by weather, road conditions, natural disasters, or other reasons beyond control. No refunds will be given for inclement weather, including too much snow or lack of snow. Manager strongly advises tenant uses a vehicle with AWD or 4WD while traveling in Colorado. Tenant will be responsible for keeping exterior and garage doors closed when not in use. Leaving the exterior doors open will put the home at risk of frozen and/or burst pipes & plumbing. Tenant is responsible for covering any maintenance expenses that arise from leaving exterior doors open too long. Tenant agrees to make sound decisions that will not jeopardize the integrity of the property or put Tenant at risk of loss or damages.
12. RULES AND REGULATIONS: Tenant agrees to comply with all reasonable rules and/or regulations posted on Premises or delivered to Tenant by Manager. Regardless of whether included in any rules and regulations posted or provided, or if no such rules and regulations are posted or provided, smoking/vaping inside or near the Premises, along with pets of any kind are absolutely prohibited. Any violation of any rules or regulations, smoking/vaping within or near Premises may result in the forfeiture of the entire damage protection. Manager reserves the right to charge Tenant a $300 fee violating smoking/vaping/pet policy.
13. CANCELLATION: Reservations are considered booked when the Tenant’s complete rent payment is received by Manager. To cancel this reservation Notice of Cancellation must be in writing and the refund amount is dependent on cancellation request’s proximity to arrival date and booking source. For TripAdvisor, VRBO/HomeAway, and direct bookings through Alpine Edge website: If cancellation is received prior to 30 days before the arrival date, Manager will refund all sums paid by Tenant. If cancellation is received prior to 14 days before the arrival date, Manager will refund 50% of total reservation cost. If cancellation is received less than 14 days of the arrival date, reservation is 100% non-refundable. Reservations can be cancelled and refunded in full if cancelled within 24 hours of booking. For AirBnb bookings: See your reservation details from Airbnb for the cancellation policy applied to your stay.
14. POWER/WEATHER RELATED CANCELLATIONS: Manager does NOT issue refunds due to acts of nature such as: weather, road conditions, snow conditions, avalanche conditions, power outages or forest fires. Manager reserves the right to reschedule Term for a future date within one calendar year of original Term based on availability.
15. CLEANING: After Tenant check out, the Premises will be inspected by Manager. Manager will hire a subcontracted cleaning service provider to perform the departure clean for next Tenant. Manager requests that Tenant leave Premises in good condition, pile used linens and towels onto beds, and load/start dishwasher before leaving. Do not make up the beds which have been used. Tenant cleaning fee will provide for the normal cleaning of the Premises. Undue and/or unreasonable cleaning will be deducted from Tenant chosen damage protection, or if Section 6, Clause D at the rate of $55.00 per hour or. If full damage protection fee is used to pay for replacements and/or repairs to Premises, Manager reserves the right to charge Tenant’s credit card on file (unless Term reserved via Airbnb, then a request for payment will be sent by Manager). Cleaning fees also apply to Premises exterior, grounds, grills, firepits, and hot tubs (if applicable).
17. CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT: Check-in time is 4:00pm (MST) unless prior arrangements are made with Manager for an additional fee. Check-out time is 10:00am (MST). Late check-outs, without prior consent and communication with Manager, will be charged $50 every each half hour after 10:00am (MST), unless other arrangements have been made with Manager prior to arrival for an additional fee. The total amount for late check-out may be deducted from the damage protection, or charged to Tenant’s credit card on file (unless Term reserved via Airbnb, then a request for payment will be sent by Manager). Manager reserves the right to charge Tenant at cost for any lost keys, garage door openers, or parking passes (if applicable).
18. VACATION RENTAL DISCLOSURE: Renting a single-family home, condo, duplex, townhome or studio Premises is a very different experience than that of a hotel. While it is the Manager’s intention to provide a consistent vacation experience to each Tenant, the nature of the Premises and product has its idiosyncrasies. Manager is not open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Manager does maintain a 24/7 emergency line, but resources are limited outside of normal business hours and peak season. Manager will make every reasonable effort to help Tenant be familiar with the general operation of reserved Premises. Tenant must exercise sound judgment; and most importantly, read all posted information within Premises in order to assure a quality experience for Tenant.
19. HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATIONS: Manager cannot and does not warrant amenities provided through homeowner associations, including, but not limited to pools, hot tubs, club houses, and similar facilities.
20. SALE CONTINGENCY: In the event the Premises is for sale, and a party enters into contract to exchange title, Manager reserves the right to provide Tenant with a comparable property at no additional cost to the Tenant.
21. ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Tenant, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges the Manager from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to Tenant, or any of his/her Tenants as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the Premises. Tenant agrees to hold Manager free of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action or proceeding arising out of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs in addition to any other relief awarded.
22. COMMUNICATION: If you choose to provide us with your email address or any other personally identifiable information, we will use it to communicate information related to your reservation and to subscribe you to our newsletter. If you choose to unsubscribe from the newsletters, you’ll stop receiving any such emails.
23. MISCELLANEOUS: The Term reservation and these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire understanding and agreement between Tenant and Manager, supersedes any oral or written agreements, and will be binding upon the parties’ successors and assigns. Terms and Conditions are not subject to any modification. The agreement amongst the parties shall be governed by Colorado law. The State courts located in Summit County, Colorado shall have the exclusive subject matter jurisdiction concerning any action relating to the confirmed reservation, these Terms and Conditions, and/or the Premises. Tenant voluntarily submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. The parties waive any and all rights to request a jury trial in any proceeding relating to this Agreement. The rule that ambiguities in a contract are to be construed against the drafting party shall not apply to the interpretation of the confirmed reservation or these Terms and Conditions.
24. SUMMIT COUNTY COVID-19 MANDATE
Tenant agrees to follow all rules and regulations set forth by Summit County Officials. By booking this property with Alpine Edge, you acknowledge and confirm that you are aware of and in compliance with all Summit County Public Health Orders. For the most up to date information on Summit County Public Health Orders, please visit https://www.summitcountyco.gov/1326/Public-Health-Orders
Alpine Edge, LLC
130 Ski Hill Road Suite 130
P.O. Box 7
Breckenridge, CO 80424
By making any payment to Manager, I agree to enter as Tenant into Agreement, have read the Agreement, agree to all Terms and Conditions, and hereby authorize Manager to charge Tenant’s credit card on file (unless Term reserved via Airbnb, then a request for payment will be sent by Manager) for the total Term reservation payment. I, the Tenant, also authorize Manager to charge the credit card on file (unless Term reserved via Airbnb, then a request for payment will be sent by Manager) for any additional requested rental expenses incurred, and to pay for those damages or excessive cleaning expenses incurred that are not covered for reimbursement under damage protection. I, the Tenant, also hereby confirm the number of guests will NOT be more than stated in this agreement. If at any time, I the Tenant, violate any portion of the Agreement, agree Manager has the right to charge Tenant credit card on file (unless Term reserved via Airbnb, then a request for payment will be sent by Manager) for maximum occupancy or double the guest fees, whichever is greater.