Including CSA Travel Insurance Information
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- RESERVATION: The Tenant’s confirmed reservation contains the identity of the premises being rented (“Premises”); the number and identity of all tenants (collectively, “Tenant”); the term of the rental period (“Term”); and the amounts for the rental rate, taxes, cleaning charges, and additional fees, if any.
- ACCEPTANCE: Tenant agrees that payment of any amounts to Manager will signify their full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- OCCUPANTS: The Premises will be occupied by only the number of adults and children designated in the Tenant’s confirmed reservation. Occupancy of the Premises by any additional persons or any pets without prior written consent of the Manager is a breach of this agreement and as a result all occupants may have to vacate the Premises without any refund and Tenant’s security deposit may be forfeited at the sole discretion of Manager.
- RENTAL AND CHARGES PAYMENTS: Upon reserving the Premises, Tenant shall pay to Manager an amount equal to 50% of the total rent, taxes and cleaning charges. No later than 30 days before the commencement of the Term, Tenant shall pay the balance of the total rent, taxes and cleaning charges. All payments for rent, taxes, and cleaning charges are non-refundable except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions.
- Unavailability of premises: In the event that the Premises become unavailable for any reason beyond the control of Manager, Manager shall attempt to secure comparable accommodations for Tenant. The determination of what constitutes a comparable accommodation shall be within the Manager’s sole and absolute discretion. In the event Manager is unable to secure comparable accommodations, Manager shall refund all payments to Tenant, and the agreement between Manager and Tenant will thereupon be deemed terminated. In the event of a termination under this paragraph, Manager shall only be liable for the return of payments received from the Tenant in connection with the subject confirmed reservation and the particular Premises.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT. Tenant shall either obtain Vacation Rental Damage Protection (VRD) coverage for damage to the Premises or pay a security deposit. The following terms and conditions apply depending on which option Tenant chooses.
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1500. Any damages that exceed $1500 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or Actual Cash Value of such property up to a maximum benefit of $1500. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g10vrd . The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Alpine Edge Property Management any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Alpine Edge Property Management directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment.
- In the alternative to purchasing a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan, the Tenant shall pay to Manager $500.00 for a security deposit due and payable at the same time as the balance of the rent is paid in accordance with paragraph 4 above. Security deposit amounts will be returned within 21 days of departure if no damage occurred during the Tenant’s stay. All damage must be reported to Manager promptly and before check-out.
- Tenant is responsible for all replacements and repairs that are outside what is considered normal wear and tear and Tenant hereby authorizes Manager to charge the Tenant’s credit card to cover said costs in excess of the maximum benefit of $1,500.00 allowed under the Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan or in excess of the $500.00 security deposit. If cost of replacement or repairs exceeds the Tenant’s credit card limit, Tenant agrees to pay the difference to Manager promptly on demand.
- UTILITIES & MAINTENANCE: Manager will diligently attempt to address maintenance issues as they occur and to insure that utilities are provided to the residence. If a maintenance issue occurs that cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, and significantly affects the Tenant’s stay, the Manager reserves the right, at its discretion, to refund the balance of the rent for the remaining days of the Term or relocate Tenant to another comparable property.
- TELEPHONES/INTERNET: Tenant acknowledges and agrees that the telephone service provided with the residence is not to be used for long distance telephone calls and any such calls made by Tenant will be its responsibility and may be charged by Manager to Tenant’s credit card. Wireless internet is provided, but Manager is not responsible for interruptions to such service.
- USE: Tenant shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or interfere with neighbors, nor use the Premises for any unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance upon or about the Premises. Any lack of compliance to foregoing use description is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and as a result all occupants would have to vacate the property without any refund and may also result in forfeiture of Tenant’s security deposit at the sole discretion of Manager. If Tenant leaves any personal property on the Premises, Manager will make reasonable efforts to return such property at Tenant’s cost. Manager is not responsible for noise or other disturbances that may adversely affect the Tenant’s peaceful enjoyment of the Premises.
- HOT TUB: Tenant hereby acknowledges that, if the Premises includes a hot tub, Tenant is fully aware that the hot tub and surrounding patio/deck can be dangerous; that extended time in a hot tub can be hazardous to one’s health; that the deck/patio can be slippery when wet; and that injury is likely to occur to anyone who is not careful. With full knowledge of the facts and warnings, Tenant accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of the hot tub and deck/patio areas. Please report any maintenance issues for the hot tub or patio/deck as soon as noticed. Hot tubs are prone to temporary or prolonged maintenance issues beyond Manager’s control, but every reasonable effort will be made to get the hot tub working as quickly as soon as possible. No refunds will be given for power outages or mechanical failure of equipment.
- DAMAGES, INCONVENIENCES OR INTERRUPTIONS: The Manager does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to any persons or their personal property. Manager will not be liable for any inconveniences arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas electricity or plumbing. Manager will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by weather, road conditions, natural disasters, or other reasons beyond their control. No refunds will be given for inclement weather, including too much snow or lack of snow. Manager strongly advises that Tenant purchase travel insurance through CSA Travel Insurance as detailed below.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS: Tenant agrees to comply with all reasonable rules and/or regulations posted on the Premises or delivered to Tenant by Manager. Whether included in any rules and regulations posted or provided or if no such rules and regulations are posted or provided, smoking inside the Premises and pets of any kind are absolutely prohibited. Any violation of any of the rules or regulations or any smoking within the Premises may result in the forfeiture of the entire security deposit.
- CANCELLATION: Tenant agrees that when the reservation is made the full payment is due 30 days in advance of Tenant’s arrival date. If the date of arrival is within 30 days of the arrival date payment is due within five (5) days after the reservation is made. If payment is not received by 30 days in advance of arrival or within five (5) days after the reservation is made, as the case may be, the reservation is not considered automatically cancelled, and Manager, in its sole and absolute discretion, may cancel the reservation and retain the full amount of the deposit or may charge the Tenant’s credit card for any unpaid balance. Reservations are considered booked when the Tenant’s complete rent payment is received by Manager.To cancel this reservation Notice of Cancellation must be in writing and received more than 30 days prior to the arrival date. If cancellation is received prior to 30 days before the arrival date Manager will refund all sums paid by Tenant less a $100.00 cancellation fee. Within 30 days of the arrival date this reservation is 100% non-refundable. For this reason, Manager strongly advises Tenant to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance through CSA Travel Insurance as detailed below.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: CSA Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize Tenant’s vacation investment and force Tenant to incur unplanned expenses. CSA Vacation Rental Insurance will not only provide protection if Tenant has to cancel Tenant’s trip for a covered reason, but it also protects Tenant and Tenant’s companions while travelling in the event of roadside assistance, travel delays, nurse helpline assistance, emergency medical expenses and more. Please read the Description of Coverage carefully to familiarize with the coverage provided. If Tenant has any questions regarding this plan call CSA toll-free at (866)999-4018 to speak with a customer service representative refer to plan code 330CSA. Once Tenant receives the Description of Coverage, Tenant has 10 days to review it. If it does not meet Tenant’s needs, Tenant can call Manager to cancel the coverage and receive a full refund provided Tenant has not already left on the trip; after 10 days from receipt this plan is no longer refundable. Manager strongly recommends that all Tenants purchase this valuable protection. If declined, Tenant acknowledges that Tenant has read and understands Manager’s cancellation policy and chooses not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance on behalf of all Tenants of the Premises.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE INFORMATION:
For more information
Click here for CSA travel insurance
To view flyer: CSA Travel Insurance
- VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE INSURANCE:For more information
Click here for CSA Damage Insurance
To view flyer: Damage Protection
- TRAVEL INSURANCE INFORMATION:
- CLEANING: After Tenant checks out, the Premises will be inspected. Manager’s cleaning service provider will perform a departure clean. Manager requests that Tenant leaves the home picked up and any dishes put into the dishwasher and started. Do not make up the beds which have been used. Tenant’s cleaning fee will provide for the normal cleaning of the Premises. Any additional cleaning will be deducted from Tenant’s security deposit at a rate of $50.00 per hour or, if there is no cash security deposit or it has been used to pay for replacements and repairs, may be charged to Tenant’s credit card.
- CHECK-OUT: Check out time is 10:00 AM. Late checkouts will be charged $50.00 for each half hour after 10:00 AM, unless other arrangements have been made with the rental agent prior to arrival and the total amount for late checkout may be deducted from the balance of the cash security deposit, if any, or charged to Tenant’s credit card. Check in time is 3:00 PM unless prior arrangements have been made. $50.00 per item will be charged for each lost key, garage door opener or parking pass, if any.
- VACATION RENTAL DISCLOSURE: Renting a single family home or condo is a very different experience than that of a hotel. While it is Manager’s intention to provide a consistent family vacation, the nature of the product has its idiosyncrasies. Manager is not open 24 hours a day. Manager does maintain a 24/7 emergency line, but resources are limited outside of normal business hours. Tenant needs to be familiar with the general operation of a single family home or condo. Tenant must exercise sound judgment; and most importantly, read all posted information at the Premises in order to assure a quality experience for Tenant and Tenant’s companions.
- HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATIONS: Manager cannot and does not warrant amenities provided through homeowner associations, including, but not limited to pools, hot tubs, club houses and similar facilities.
- SALE CONTINGENCY: In the event the Premises is for sale, and a party enters into contract to exchange title, the Manager reserves the right to provide the Tenant with a comparable property at no additional cost to the Tenant.
- ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Tenant, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges the Manager from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to Tenant, or any of his/her Tenants as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the Premises and agrees to hold Manager free of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action or proceeding arising out of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs in addition to any other relief awarded.
- MISCELLANEOUS: The confirmed reservation and these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire understanding and agreement between Tenant and Manager, supersedes any oral or written agreements, and will be binding upon the parties’ successors and assigns. Terms and Conditions are not subject to any modification. The agreement amongst the parties shall be governed by Colorado law. The State courts located in the County of Summit, Colorado shall have the exclusive subject matter jurisdiction concerning any action relating to the confirmed reservation, these Terms and Conditions, and/or the Premises. Tenant voluntarily submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. The parties waive any and all rights to request a jury trial in any proceeding relating to this Agreement. The rule that ambiguities in a contract are to be construed against the drafting party shall not apply to the interpretation of the confirmed reservation or these Terms and Conditions.